- Cloud Recovery Backup for Microsoft 365
- Getting Started
- Microsoft 365 Backup Guides
- Add a Microsoft 365 Organisation
- Edit Organisation Backup Settings
- Manage tenant password
- Finding Cloud Connect Credentials
- Delete Organisation
- Recommission Organisation
- Retention Types
- Backup copy and immutable backups
- Account Management
Confirm Backup Content
The following steps will help you review and change the backup contents of a Microsoft 365 Organization Backup.
These settings will need to be confirmed before an initial backup is taken.
Opening the Organisation Edit Menu
- Go to the Cloud Recovery Backup for Microsoft 365 page on the Portal.
- If not already authenticated, please sign in.
- Click on the organisation card you wish to edit.
- Click Configure on the Backup Scope card:
An organisation backup can be of two types:
- Full: Where the whole organisation is being backed up. This is represented by the "organisation" object on the Inclusions screen.
- Partial: Where only specific objects are being backed up. By default, the whole organisation will be backed up in this mode. You can specify objects that you do not wish to back up in the "Exclusions" tab
Adding Backup Inclusions
- In order to start using backup inclusions, you will have to remove (1), or edit (2) the organisation object.
- You can add specific objects (such as users, groups) to the backup by clicking "Add", choosing a type, and object.
- Users and Groups Inclusions can be further edited to only include specific types, by slecting the Object from the list (1), then clicking "Edit" (2).
Adding Backup Exclusions
Backup Exclusions can be used alongside partial or full backups. Excluded objects will be ommited from the backup.
- Click on the "Exclusions" tab to view the exclusion options.
- Click "Add", followed by choosing a type, then select which objects to exclude.
- Users and Groups Exclusions can be further edited to only exclude specific types, by slecting the Object from the list, then clicking "Edit"
Once you have selected your backup content, click the "Confirm Configuration" button, in order to enable and start the backups of your organisation.
You can now proceed to learn more and set-up the software required to browse and restore your backups.