- Cloud Recovery Backup for Microsoft 365
- Getting Started
- Microsoft 365 Backup Guides
- Add a Microsoft 365 Organisation
- Edit Organisation Backup Settings
- Manage tenant password
- Finding Cloud Connect Credentials
- Delete Organisation
- Recommission Organisation
- Retention Types
- Backup copy and immutable backups
- Account Management
Install software to access backups
Once you have a Cloud Recovery Backup for Microsoft 365, you will need a Veeam environment to access your backup data and perform restores.
You will need:
- User credentials for a Global Administrator of the Microsoft 365 domain
- Your Cloud Connect Tenant Password, and your Veeam Cloud Connect details
Download and install Veeam Backup & Replication Community Edition
Veeam Backup & Replication Community Edition is required to create a Cloud Connect connection to our datacenters.
- Download the installer from the Veeam website.
- Open the downloaded ISO.
- Run setup.exe.
- Install only Veeam Backup & Replication from the "Standalone components" section.
- If not already installed, you will be prompted to install the .NET framework. Click OK to proceed.
- Follow the steps of the install wizard:
- Accept the Terms & Conditions.
- At the license step, leave the licence field blank and click Next. This will install the free Community edition.
- Choose to install all the components.
- If your system is missing further components required by Veeam, the installer will prompt you to install them for you.
- Customise install location if desired.
- Click Install.
- Once setup is complete, click Finish.
- Download the community edition Veeam Backup for M365 from the Veeam website.
- Follow the wizard to Install the Explorers
- Open the Veeam Backup & Replication Console.
- Connect to localhost using Windows session authentication.
- Click the Backup Infrastructure tab in the lower left hand panel.
- Click Service Providers in the upper left hand panel.
- Click Add Service Provider
- In the DNS name field, enter your Cloud Connect domain name (as shown in the connection details under "Host"). Leave the other options as their defaults. Click Next
- Click Add... to add your Cloud Connect credentials
- Click Apply
- Once the Service Provider has been added, you can close the Veeam B&R Console